You know it’s important to spend time reading the Bible. You long to be the type of person who’s known for praying for other people. You wish you knew more about God and the Christian faith you claim as your own. Recalling scripture when a friend is in need would be an amazing gift to have (but only pastor’s are really good at that right?).
I don’t think I’m the only one who wants to know more about my faith. For many people it’s something that is familiar, but not something that has completely transformed their life. The Bible says once we know who God is we become a new creation. And you’d think becoming a new creation would make something in your life look drastically different. But for many people, it simply hasn’t….yet.
When I was in elementary school, I remember organizing Bible studies for my friends during recess.
Yup, I was that kid.
And while I’ve been passionate about my faith for most of my life, I wouldn’t be where I am without the people who were willing to hold my hand, walk with me, and encourage me to keep pursuing the Lord.
Here’s the problem:
Our culture is filled with the knowledge of the things we need. We know we need to work out more, sleep more, eat better, stress less, sit up straight. And spending time getting to know God is probably at the top of that list. But for some reason we can’t get ourselves to act on the things we absolutely need in order to live a healthy, productive and purposeful life.
That kid on the playground organizing Bible studies eventually made her way to middle school where she spent what seemed like every night of the week at church for some event or another. In high school she went on her first mission trip, in college she did more of the same, and as an adult she’s continued to devote her life to the Lord and pour into others who want to know God more.
You know you need to spend more time with God. Not in a way that makes you feel guilty about it, but because you know that’s what’s best for you. And you know some of the most powerful moments in your life have been spent with God and you’re ready to have that more often.
So let’s do it. Let’s not be the people who talk about growing in their faith, let’s actually do it.
Here’s my promise to you:
- I’ll share as much as I can with you about this God I’ve been pursuing.
- I’ll pray for you and your circumstances that you would glorify him in every situation
- I’ll challenge you to give God the space in your life to truly transform you
- And soon, you’ll find yourself grasping this faith you’ve had your whole life, and you’ll begin to know God in a way you never thought possible.
Every week I send an email with words of encouragement rooted in biblical principals. Some will explain ways I’ve seen God move, some will explain concepts like salvation, and some will tell you how to grow closer to him in just 2 minutes.
It’s time friend. It’s time to start that journey.
Today is the day you can decide to grow closer to the God who created you. The one who has been pursuing you your entire life, the one who’s arms are open–waiting for you to run into them.
Let’s walk with him together.
I, Kirsten Elsa, am a marketer, writer, and speaker by trade. But my real passion lies in encouraging people who feel they don’t know enough about the faith they claim to pursue God so that they become passionate believers on fire for spreading his glory on earth.
My experience is broad, and each organization I’ve worked for has prepared me in some way to work with you too. By God’s perfect will, I’ve helped:
- An established 501(c)3 benefiting adults with disabilities get more donations
- A local church increase community awareness and attendance
- A local municipality with a great reputation establish a real brand
- A grassroots Christian organization raise money, quickly
- A young-professionals organization in a small town engage its members
- My newest endeavor is helping a new online business sell products
Some other fun facts about me personally.
- I’ve completed 3 marathons (including the Boston Marathon!)
- I’m obsessed with lists (to-do, shopping, goals, gift, etc).
- My favorite board games include Settlers of Catan, 7 wonders, and Pandemic.
- Spending money is one of my least favorite things to do.
- Outside is the best side. Hiking, kayaking, exploring…those things are my jam.
- Jesus has been and always will be my rescuer who has graciously given me new life in him.
P.S. One final thing you should know about me, I love meeting new people. I’d love to hear your story. I’d love to pray for you. So get signed up for my weekly email newsletter, and next time I pop up in your inbox hit that reply button, nothing would mean more to me!